Osmii Limited (company number 07613949) (“Osmii”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients, and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Osmii may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions, this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin or similar. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- To provide our services to you and answer your inquiries.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or a candidate.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs.
- To match your details with job vacancies according to your background and experience. To assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs.
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
- To fulfill contractual obligations with our clients.
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification, and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Osmii Limited.
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Osmii Limited.
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law.
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
The Purposes for which We Hold and Process Data
- Board Search
- Executive Search
- CEO Succession/Succession Planning
- Industry Mapping
- Interim Appointments
Curriculum vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV via email listed on our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in Osmii database, and will only be accessible by Osmii recruitment consultants.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact GDPR@osmii.com.
You also have the right to ask Osmii to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to that of Osmii. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Osmii online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at GDPR@osmii.com or call our office to speak to one of our representatives.
Osmii is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
If you have any inquiries, you can contact us at GDPR@osmii.com or by writing to us at:
3 Old Street Yard